( Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme 2023 | What is the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme? | Objective | Benefits of Subsidy | Facilities | Future Aspects | How to Book Vehicle through Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme in Meghalaya | How to Apply Online | Helpline Number )
What is Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme in Meghalaya?: As we all know that Meghalaya is known for Natural Beauties like waterfalls, landscapes, diverse flora and fauna etc. It means these places give paradise experience to the tourists who want to travel in Meghalaya. To enhance their traveling experience now state government launched a new scheme called Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. Under this scheme Meghalaya State Government provides a better travel experience and stay facilities to the high paying tourists.
Today, by reading this article you will get an extraordinary details about Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme of Meghalaya like What services providing by the scheme?, How to Apply as a Individual or Groups for Provide your own vehicle? and also How you can book vehicle under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme in Meghalaya? etc. So please we refer to read this article at the end for your better guidance.
About Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme 2023
This Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme is launched by CM Conrad K Sangma on 30th June with the presence of Tourism Minister of the State. CM said on the launching ceremony that this scheme is getting overwhelming response from the vehicle owners because under the scheme total 600 applications has been received in which state tourism department select 50 individual and groups for the scheme. On the date of launching CM rolled out 16 Innova Crysta Cars for the Tourists who want to visit paradise of Meghalaya.
Under this scheme state provide 50% Subsidy for those who want to join this Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme and provide a luxurious vehicle for tourists. Not only that but state government also provide loan repayment period for up to 2 years to the applicants.
Why state need of Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme?
Tourism Department of Meghalaya noted that after COVID 19 nearly 1.5 million tourists has been visited the State. In which so many tourists are high paying but they will don’t get a proper traveling experience in the state. For example, some of tourists are able to pay high for better travel and luxurious staying but generally Sedan Car available in the state with low facilities. That’s why Tourism Department of Meghalaya need to start a new initiative called Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme.
Quick Look – Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
|Scheme Name||Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme|
|Launched By||CM Conrad K Sangma|
|Launched On||30th June, 2023|
|Launched In||Shillong, Meghalaya|
|Launched For||Provide Better Travel Experience|
|Beneficiaries||Tourists who want to travel Meghalaya and Local Vehicle Providers|
|Join Our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme Objective
One of main objective to starting this scheme is to provide better vehicle facility to the high paying tourists in the state. Due to this scheme tourism sector in the state will grow in the future because providing good transportation experience to the tourists with the help of Vehicles under the scheme.
Facilities Provided in Vehicles under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
To keep in mind safety of the drivers as well as tourist who book the vehicle under the scheme Meghalaya State Government provide extra ordinary facilities in the cars. Which are described below.
- GPS Installation
- First Aid Boxes
- Life Jackets
- Training to Drivers
- Training to Boatmen
- Life Saving Skills etc.
Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme Future Aspects
CM Sangma said that first we will see the response of the tourists of the scheme. Based on their response we increase the no. Of vehicles under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. First Target is to increase vehicle up to 50 in this financial year (2023-24) but if response is good than may this count is more than expected.
He also said that this scheme is continuing for every year for upcoming 5 years. Our Target is in the upcoming 5 years number of vehicles under the scheme is up to 250. Although these all depends on market demand and the response we receive in future. Good response may be achieve 500 Vehicles in the next 5 years.
One of the best welfare scheme of the Meghalaya is FOCUS Plus Scheme. Under which Farmers of the state have chance to better their livelihood.
Benefits and Features of Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme 2023
- This scheme provide livelihood opportunities as well as contribution of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP).
- To involving more vehicles operators may be they groups or individuals, Meghalaya State Government provide them 50% subsidy and loan repayment period for 2 years.
- State government provide financial assistance includes 90% down payment support to buy a luxury vehicles. It means buyer only pay 1 lakh rupees as a down payment.
- Meghalaya State Government also provide 20% EMI support under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme.
- In the starting phase state government rolled out only 16 Innova Crysta Cars.
- But on the market demands, they increase the number of cars up to 500 in the next 5 years.
- All the vehicles under the scheme already GPS installed for any emergency reported at any time.
- This move of the state government will be powerful to increase the share of tourism sector in terms of GDP and Livelihood sector of the citizens of the Meghalaya.
Scheme Eligibility Criteria for Tourists and Car owners
- For Car Owners:
- Only Resident of Meghalaya are eligible to participate in the scheme.
- Any individual or groups are eligible to provide their card under the scheme.
- For Tourists:
- Any tourists either they are coming from other states of India or outside India are eligible to avail the benefits of Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme.
- If tourists mindset is set to pay high and ensure luxurious travel experience than they must choose cars under this scheme.
How to Apply under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme?
Friends, who want to apply under the scheme for providing their vehicles will have to contact the tourism department of Meghalaya. Or we can say that state government very soon launched Online Applications through their official website. We also provide you Tourism Department helpline number in the last of this article. You can call them and ask about Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. Of in future state government invites application through Official Website than we update here step by step guide on How you can apply online.
How to Book Vehicle Tickets under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme in Meghalaya?
Friends, at this time we are unable to provide you a guidence about ticke booking under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme of Meghalaya. But whenever state government release any notification regarding ticke booking for the scheme at that time we update this article for you to book a tickets.
Friends, Here we provide you a details of Address as well as Helpline Number of Meghalaya Tourism Department. If you have any queries than please make a call to the below details.
- Address: 3rd Secretariat Nokrek Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong 793001.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone No.: +91 76400 03050
- Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme
- Mahila Samman Saving Certificate
- India Handmade Portal Registration
- Sports Scholarship Scheme Meghalaya
FAQs: Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
Que: What is Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme?
Ans: This scheme launched by Meghalaya State Government. Which facilitates Luxurious vehicle to the tourists who want to get better travel experience entire the state. For detailed information you can read this article.
Que: How much subsidy will be provided by the state government under Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme?
Ans: 50% Subsidy with loan repayment period of 2 years.
Que: Is there GPS installed in the Vehicle of Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme?